Media Alert: Twitter Fiction Festival Event
Live Storytelling Variety Show Hosted by Nick Turner; Featuring Gayle Forman, Anna North, Myke Cole, Daniel José Older, Lyndsay Faye
Tickets are now on sale for #TwitterFiction Festival Live!, the official live companion event of #TwitterFiction Festival 2015, a celebration of creative storytelling. The event will be hosted by stand-up comedian Nick Turner (@nicksturners), and will feature performers as they create #TwitterFiction stories on stage with help from the audience. Visual artist, Michael Arthur (@inklines) will bring stories to life with live illustrations and music will be performed by Mike Brun (@mbrun12).
The #TwitterFiction Festival Live! lineup includes:
- Daniel José Older (@djolder) author of Half-Resurrection Blues and member of the Ghost Star band.
- Anna North (@annanorthtweets), author of the forthcoming novel, The Life and Death of Sophie Stark and staff editor at the New York Times.
- Gayle Forman (@gayleforman), journalist and award-winning, internationally bestselling author of Just One Day, Just One Year, Where She Went, and If I Stay.
- Lyndsay Faye (@LyndsayFaye), the internationally bestselling author of the Timothy Wilde trilogy, which includes The Gods of Gotham, Seven For a Secret, and the forthcoming, The Fatal Flame.
- Myke Cole (@MykeCole), security contractor, government civilian, and military officer who is author of the Shadow Ops series and Gemini Cell.
#TwitterFiction Festival 2015 and #TwitterFiction Festival Live! are organized by the Association of American Publishers, Twitter, and Penguin Random House.
Wednesday, May 13, 2015. Doors open at 6:30 p.m.; Event starts at 7:30 p.m.
SubCulture New York; 45 Bleecker Street
Tickets cost $20 and include one complimentary glass of wine from official Festival wine sponsor, Dark Horse Wine. Click here to order.
TwitterFiction Festival Live! is the official live companion event of #TwitterFiction Festival 2015, a global digital storytelling extravaganza taking place on Twitter, May 11-15. For more information visit, www.twitterfictionfestival.com and follow @TWfictionfest.
The Association of American Publishers (AAP) represents about four hundred member organizations including major commercial, digital learning and education and professional publishers alongside independents, non-profits, university presses and scholarly societies. We represent the industry’s priorities on policy, legislative and regulatory issues regionally, nationally and worldwide. These include the protection of intellectual property rights and worldwide copyright enforcement, digital and new technology issues, funding for education and libraries, tax and trade, censorship and literacy. Find us online at www.publishers.org or on twitter at @AmericanPublish.