Summer 2017 AAP-UNCF Interns Announced
Launched as a new diversity and recruitment initiative last year, the AAP-UNCF Internship Program offers summer internships at leading publishing and education companies to students from Historically Black Colleges or Universities (HBCUs). Internships cross several functions critical to publishers, including editorial, marketing, publicity, sales and digital engineering.
In its inaugural year, nearly a dozen students were placed within participating publishers. Sponsoring publishers this year include Elsevier, Hachette Book Group, HarperCollins, Macmillan, Penguin Random House, Scholastic, and W.W. Norton.
The Class of 2017:
- Marcus Darlington, Langston College, majoring in Broadcast Journalism, Hachette Book Group
- Elana Harris, Spelman College, majoring in Political Science, HarperCollins
- Saunicia Wallace Williams, North Carolina A&T State University, majoring in Journalism & Mass Communications, Penguin Random House
- Asharee Peters, Xavier University, Majoring in English & Spanish, Macmillan
- Nia Haynes, Spelman College, majoring in Liberal Arts, Scholastic
- Luis Rodriguez, Clark Atlanta University, Majoring in Arts & Business Administration, Elsevier
- Dennis Kafwimbi, majoring in History and Education, Tillotson University, Elsevier
- Adetomiwa Victor Owoseni, Howard University, majoring in Biology, Elsevier
- Samara McGraw, Fisk University, English Major, W.W. Norton
For more information on any of the above programs, please contact Tina Jordan firstname.lastname@example.org